RP Dabbler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few generalized suggestions

2 posters

Go down

A few generalized suggestions Empty A few generalized suggestions

Post by TGDemento Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Ok, so don't kill me, but i have two general suggestions that might help us streamline the RPing process.

1. Synopsis threads
So I noticed a lack of any kind of synopsis thread for the "Guns and Demons" RP. Now, i figure this was simply because it was a previously agreed upon premise that was probably the entire reason for the formation of this board. That's fine.

The lack of one, however, presents two problems.
A) It doesn't establish the details of the premise. Without the details of the RP, it makes it hard to create or re-fit a character within the bounds of the universe.
B) It doesn't establish whether an RP is open, closed, invitation only, ect. This can create uncertainty and prevent people from joining what is meant to be an open RP, and vice-versa (someone joining a closed RP without being invited.)

2. RP Specific VS. General Character sheets.
So, unless a character is considered universal, and has a reason to be consistent across the multiverse, it's usually better to combine all of the character sheets for a single universe into one thread. That way you can view all the characters for a particular RP in one go, rather than have to hunt them down individually when the forum gets busier.

Now, again, feel free to ignore me. I'm here to have fun, so if I have to adjust myself I will. This is just an example of how we sort of did stuff "back in my day".
TGDemento
TGDemento

Player Power : 12313

https://tgdemento.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

A few generalized suggestions Empty Re: A few generalized suggestions

Post by Varsk Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:44 pm

I apologize; I just discovered I did not read this before now. I will NOT ignore you, your thoughts and opinions matter and I highly value and appreciate them. I thank you for all that you have contributed already, and am extremely grateful for your input.

I think the Synopsis Thread is now covered since I made the changes to the Seeking RP forums; do you agree? Did I miss anything, need to add or take away anything?

As for character sheets, do you think it would be better to replace personal character forums with RP-specific forums? I believe that either way forums for characters will continue be created as more people join and more RP's come up.
Varsk
Varsk
Admin

Player Power : 12579

https://rpdabbler.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TGDemento Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:40 pm

Honestly, looking at things now, i think things will be fine. When the forum gets a bit busier, we may want to shift things a bit, but for now this works pretty well.

I would like to ask, though, would it be possible to change the default font size to 16? Cause Tart and I both tend towards that, and I figured it would help a bit.
TGDemento
TGDemento

Player Power : 12313

https://tgdemento.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Varsk Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:52 pm

As do I; 16pt font is a wonderful size.
I will take care of that just as soon as I can figure out where the font control is in the Admin Panel.
Varsk
Varsk
Admin

Player Power : 12579

https://rpdabbler.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum